We were engaged by ARTC to integrate our new fully tampable inbearer design onto 21 critical turnouts
throughout the hunter valley.
This first project of its kind for ARTC, it was designed to reduce maintenance costs on these turnouts and
to standardise rodding equipment across the hunter valley.
Project scope involved:
- On-site inspections for feasibility of modification of turnouts
- Design and manufacture of 21sets of in-bearer tubs, spherolock units and associated rodding
- Stripping of existing clawlock rodding
- On-site milling and drilling of switch and stock rails to facilitate new rodding using our specially designed milling machine
- Assembly and installation of new in-bearer tubs and spherolock rodding
- Adjustments to existing bearer layouts
- Ballasting and tamping of turnouts
- All associated testing, certification and commissioning of the new upgrades.
This type of project is a great demonstration of our entire team - from designers, manufacturers, project engineers, construction managers through to signalling engineers working closely together to ensure this project was completed on time and to the clients satisfaction.