As part of an $1.9B extension to Rio Tinto’s existing mining activities in the Weipa area, we were selected to supply and deliver rail and components to the remote location of Weipa, far north Queensland.
The scope included:
- Supply of AS68/136RE crane rail
- 555 metric tonnes as per AREMA specifications
- Shipping by barge to remote dock for unloading
- Supply of 215 cross ties to ensure crane gauge is maintained between tracks
- Painting of rail to very high standards in areas for vehicle crossings